How to Handle a Common Dental Emergency
If you are like most people, there is a good chance that you will experience a dental emergency at some point in your life. Knowing how to react under such circumstances is essential in terms of boosting your likelihood of getting the proper dental care and saving the injured teeth. Take time to familiarize yourself with the following emergency dental care procedures and find an emergency dentist in College Park.
- If a permanent tooth gets knocked out, try to reinsert the tooth in its socket, and hold it in place. If that doesn’t work, try placing the tooth between the gums and inner cheek, or soak it in milk or an over-the-counter tooth-preserving product—you must make sure that the tooth remains moist right from the beginning. Then visit an emergency dentist in College Park as soon as possible.
- If a tooth cracks, rinse your mouth with warm water, apply cold compresses to reduce swelling, and see your dentist.
- If you bit your tongue or lip, clean the injured area carefully with warm water and use cold compresses to lessen discomfort. Then visit an emergency dentist in College Park or the hospital emergency room.
- If you have a toothache, floss gently to remove any food debris that could be causing the pain, then rinse with warm water. Never place aspirin or other pain relievers directly on the aching tooth, since it may cause burning. If your pain doesn’t subside, promptly find an affordable dentist in College Park
- If you think your jaw is broken, apply cold compresses to reduce swelling, see an emergency dentist in College Park right away or go to the hospital emergency room.
- If an object gets stuck in your teeth, try to remove it with dental floss. Never attempt to dislodge it with a sharp or pointed instrument. Visit an emergency dentist for help.
- Always wear a protective mouth guard when playing sports activities. Avoid chewing on popcorn kernels or hard candies, and don’t crunch on ice cubes. Be sure to use scissors—not your teeth—for cutting.
To learn about our family dentistry practice in College Park, call Dental One Associates of College Park today at (678) 619-5697 or make an appointment.
Dental One Associates offers affordable family dentistry and gentle, compassionate dental care in College Park. With 8 affiliated practices throughout Georgia, our offices are conveniently located with extended hours to meet your needs. At Dental One Associates of College Park, we provide most dental services, from basic preventative care and general dentistry to specialized procedures and complete dental reconstruction. We accept most dental insurance plans and offer affordable financial solutions for any budget. Patient satisfaction is our top priority and we strive to provide the exceptional, affordable dental care and personal touch that lead to lasting relationships. A smiling patient is our greatest reward and we look forward to keeping those smiles healthy, beautiful, and bright. Discover an affordable dentist who truly cares at Dental One Associates of College Park.