Dental Implants – The Premium Option for Tooth Replacement
Losing one or more teeth can have devastating effects on your self-esteem and your oral health. Dental professionals recommend replacing missing teeth to avoid problems with chewing, tooth shifting or tilting, and loss of healthy jawbone. Dental implants have become the gold standard in tooth restoration; they can replace single or multiple teeth without involving adjacent teeth. Implants consist of a titanium screw that is inserted into the jawbone and topped with an extension post and crown. The finished restoration is strong and stable, and it looks and functions like a natural tooth. Compared to other dental restorations, implants offer a number of advantages.
Advantages of Dental Implants
- Conventional bridges and dentures often lead to gradual bone deterioration. Dental implants actually prevent bone loss, and help preserve oral health.
- Bridges supported by natural teeth may only last for five to ten years. With proper care and maintenance, dental implants can last for decades.
- Dental implants provide worry-free tooth replacement. Unlike conventional dentures, they will never loosen, slip, make strange noises or fall out unexpectedly. Single implants are not the only option; implant dentures can be created to attach to implants anchored into several upper or lower teeth.
- Implants help retain the natural shape of your face after tooth loss. Missing teeth lead to jawbone deterioration, which can make your face sag and seem prematurely aged. By preserving existing bone and stimulating bone growth, implants keep you looking like yourself longer.
- You’ll never have to remove dental implants for soaking or cleaning; like natural teeth, they stay inside your mouth where you can brush and floss them normally.
- Implants don’t interfere with your speech.
- With implants, you can eat your favorite foods without fear, and you’ll enjoy their full taste and texture.
- Dental implants never alter or interfere with your healthy teeth. Tooth-supported bridges require the grinding down of adjacent teeth.
- Dental implant surgery delivers more reliable and predictable results than other restoration options such as root canals, removable appliances, and fixed bridges.
Get Your Smile Back
Your dentist can help you choose the best dental implants to replace your missing teeth. Visit a qualified dentist or prosthodontist to find out how implant surgery can restore your healthy smile.
To learn about our family dentistry practice in College Park, call Dental One Associates of College Park today at (678) 619-5697 or make an appointment.
Dental One Associates offers affordable family dentistry and gentle, compassionate dental care in College Park. With 8 affiliated practices throughout Georgia, our offices are conveniently located with extended hours to meet your needs. At Dental One Associates of College Park, we provide most dental services, from basic preventative care and general dentistry to specialized procedures and complete dental reconstruction. We accept most dental insurance plans and offer affordable financial solutions for any budget. Patient satisfaction is our top priority and we strive to provide the exceptional, affordable dental care and personal touch that lead to lasting relationships. A smiling patient is our greatest reward and we look forward to keeping those smiles healthy, beautiful, and bright. Discover an affordable dentist who truly cares at Dental One Associates of College Park.